Sunday, January 25, 2009

Your View Sought for 2nd Stimulus Package

Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister, Datuk Seri Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak, has been embarking on a mission to collect feedback from fellow Malaysians on how the 2nd Financial Stimulus Package should be.

Do chip in those ideas to najib@1malaysia.com.my . You can see the post by DPM here

-----
A couple of days ago, I announced the Head for the Project Management Unit in the Ministry of Finance to ensure the timeliness and effectiveness of the First Stimulus Package. I am pleased that we are already making further progress in reducing bureaucracy - allocations for Chinese schools for example, are now given directly to the schools' administrators for faster implementation.

As you may already be aware, a second stimulus package is in the pipeline. For one, the focus of this package will be different from the first. While the Second Stimulus Package has an overriding objective to address the issues facing us that have come about due to this global financial crisis, it will be focused on niche areas of the economy. I am in the process of gathering views from different parties on what is to be included in the second economic stimulus package. The relevant Government ministries and agencies are also committed to the stimulus package so that we avoid falling into a recession and sustain our economic livability.

I thought it would be a good idea to reach out to you via 1Malaysia to hear your views, comments and suggestions on steps and measures you think the Government should include in the Second Stimulus Package, In this regard, I invite all Malaysians to participate in providing constructive and healthy, yet concise inputs as your personal contribution to move our nation forward. In addition to submitting comments on this blog, you can also put forward your ideas to me through najib@1malaysia.com.my. I look forward to hearing from you.


-----
Chen Chow's Other Posts
Subscribe to Chen Chow's blog

Would encourage any of my blog readers to share with me any event that you come across. As long as the event/activity/initiative is education/charity/youth oriented and is not-for-profit, I would be more than happy to post it to share

Feel free to quote any post within my blog, as long as you link it back here. Sharing is always a good virtue. :)

No comments: