Monday, September 29, 2008

Hot, Flat and Crowded by Thomas Friedman

One of the books that I read today at Borders Times Square and The Curve (yeah, both borders) is Hot, Flat and Crowded .

It was by Thomas Friedman. And I would say that it is a great book for us to reflect about our earth. I have just finished about 150 pages, and I would say that it is a good book for us to reflect. If you had read "The World is Flat", then, you would like this one too.

It brought us back to senses on the climate issues that we face around the world, and the growing impact of the middle class around the world. There are a lot of people who desire to live a life, similar to the luxurious life that Americans do today.

Friedman tries to bring forth idea of America revolutionize, by creating the example of leading a "green" life and have "Code Green". That way, the rest of the world would follow it in that manner.

Do check it out!


-----
Click here to read more of Chen Chow's posts

Would encourage any of my blog readers to share with me any event that you come across. As long as the event/activity/initiative is education/charity/youth oriented and is not-for-profit, I would be more than happy to post it to share!

No comments: