Friday, April 25, 2008

Complete Work of Charles Darwin Online

Thanks again to my blog reader for highlighting this. Would really like to credit my blog readers for sharing with me often on interesting happenings that might benefit my other blog readers.

This is about Charles Darwin's Work Online , which currently is the most complete publishing of his work, and all are available for everyone free of charge. Do go there and learn from him.

This is done by Cambridge University - his alma mater. There are about 30,000 items and 90,000 images available.

This is one of the articles posted on this Wired.com


-----
Click here to read more of Chen Chow's posts

Would encourage any of my blog readers to share with me any event that you come across. As long as the event/activity/initiative is education/charity/youth oriented and is not-for-profit, I would be more than happy to post it to share!

5 comments:

Su Yuen said...

Hi Chen Chow! I think you should write about Project Gutenberg, this project that has made more than 25,000 books available for free on the internet today. They have lots of classics including Charles Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities" and Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice".

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

hhhcce said...

Well. The Charles Darwin collection is small compared to this-the encyclopedia of life, recently made available. Almost every species of animals and plants in the world are listed there.

http://www.eol.org/index

Chen Chow said...

Thanks for your highlights! Yeah, I do know of Project Gutenberg before!

hhhcce said...

Oh my bad. Most of them are fishes but it is still a very good website to learn from.

Chen Chow said...

Thanks, hhhcce! There are other species there too!