Thursday, July 03, 2008

Help needed: Seeking Malaysians for PhD research

Anyone is  able to help?

-----

Hi fellow Malaysians (and friends),

 

My name is Pauline Chhooi and I am a Ph.D. candidate majoring in Educational Policy Studies and Evaluation at the University of Kentucky.  

 

I am writing to ask for your help in my dissertation research that that will look at how a journey to a foreign land to pursue a graduate degree might trigger more than just the attainment of that degree. I propose to look at how higher education contributes to understanding the immigration of highly-educated individuals, the push-pull factors for remaining (in the host country) or returning (to their home country), and the effects on the government and individuals. 

 

For my dissertation project, I am seeking Malaysians (including those who are now PR or naturalized U.S. citizens), age between 23 and 50, who have already earned an American masters (i.e. M.A., M.Sc., etc.), doctoral (i.e. Ed.D., JD, Ph.D., etc.) or terminal professional degree (i.e. MBA, MD, law degree), currently working in the U.S. or in Malaysia on a permanent basis (i.e. not on official overseas work assignments or as visitors).

 

The project will involve a one-hour interview which will be done face-to-face OR over the phone OR via Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger,  Skype - via chat or voice.  Interviews will be conducted by one of this methods: phone, Internet, or in person, depending on the convenience and location.All I need is to ask participants a few questions about the your decision-making process and how you come about to choose where you live now (ie. remained in the USA after your studies, or returned to Malaysia after your studies or after a few years of working in the USA, etc.). 

 

Your participation in the study is voluntary and your responses will be kept confidential.  You may decline to answer specific questions or end your participation at any time by letting me know.  Although the interview will be audio-recorded, all information will be reported in a form that does not identify you. 

If any one would like to help me in my study, OR know someone who could, please contact me at pchhooi@uky.edu.  Also, if you have questions about this study, please do not hesitate to contact me. 

Thank you in advance....hope to hear from someone on this mailing list!!! :)

Other ways to contact me:

Yahoo IM: paulinechhooi / email: paulinechhooi@yahoo.com

MSN: ping.me.now@hotmail.com

Skype: paulinechhooi

 

Sincerely,

Pauline Chhooi

University of Kentucky

Lexington, KY

Phone: 859-227-7736

 

No comments: