Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Make the most out of your education

Shannon Wills have written to me to contribute this article for my blog readers. Hope that you will learn from what Shannon shares. Do make the most out of your education.

---

How to Make the Most of Your Education

If there's one asset I value the most, it's my education. I wouldn't trade it in for all the gold and diamonds in the world or even the combined oil resources on our planet. I know that as long as I have my education to bank on, I'll never have to depend on anyone or worry about my future. Just to make my stand clear, I must reiterate here that by education I don't just mean the degrees I've accumulated over the years. Although there are quite a few, I wouldn't be who I am today if I had depended only on those pieces of paper or those letters behind my name to open doors for me. Rather, I owe my success today to the fact that I've made the most of my education. You can do so too if you:

  • Continue to learn: Learning does not stop the moment you step out of college. Rather, for your education to be of value, you must consider learning as a lifelong process, one that should be pursued no matter how old you are. To learn on a continuous basis, you need to keep your mind open to new experiences and adventures; you must absorb everything around you in every new or even familiar situation. And you must be willing to acknowledge that you could learn something new from every person in your life and every situation, no matter how insignificant they may seem.
  • Realize that learning extends beyond books and degrees: Today, I would consider myself a little knowledgeable and educated because of all the experiences I've gone through in addition to the degrees I've earned, something I would not acknowledge going by my degrees alone. The key to making the most of your education is to do something with your degrees and put the experiences you undergo to good use. In short, we are the sum total of all our experiences, and the more knowledge we gain from them, the better we are using our education.
  • Adapt yourself to your environment: And finally, the person who does not adapt to his/her environment is bound to fail no matter how many degrees they hold or how long they've spent in academic circles. When you're able to adjust to your surroundings, bond well with the people around you, and use your knowledge in the right way and at the right time to further your position in life, that is when you can truly say that you're making the best use of your education.

By-line:

This guest post is contributed by Shannon Wills, she writes on the topic of Top Online Engineering Degree . She welcomes your comments at her email id: shannonwills23@gmail.com.


No comments: