Thanks to my loyal blog contributor for sharing on this opportunity.
The Centre for Public Policy Studies (CPPS) is offering internships for students to join our team in Kuala Lumpur. The interns will work on a variety of topics within CPPS, including national unity and integration, good governance, human rights and the economy. The internships provide valuable understanding of the current situation and challenges faced by Malaysia.
The intern(s) will assist in conducting research and write reports on on-going projects. For 2010, this will include research on a proposed State Ombudsman's office, the Open Budget Index 2010 as well as any other projects that the Centre undertakes.
The intern(s) will also be expected to help with various administrative tasks, including website maintenance, mailing lists and logistics preparations for Centre events from time to time.
· Must be at least in second year of undergraduate programme or post-graduate programme.
· Minimum CGPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent
· Applicants should have a relevant academic background and have completed coursework in one of the following areas:-
o International Relations/Politics
· Good writing skills
· Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and basic website maintenance.
· Experience conducting research via customary media such as books and journals as well as online search engines such as LexisNexis.
· Willing to commit to at least 3 months full-time or 6 months part-time.
To apply or for more information, please contact Ms Khairiah Makata via e-mail to email@example.com or via telephone at +603 2093 2820. For internship applications, please send in your CV and cover letter.