Thursday, April 02, 2009

Sharon Teng

Sharon Teng has agreed to let me feature her in a post here too! :)

Sharon's admission decision is as follow:-
Harvard University - admit
Stanford University - Wait Listed
Wharton Business School - Wait Listed
University of Chicago - Wait Listed
Princeton University - rejected
University of California, Berkeley - rejected

What I am showing this is to hopefully motivate everyone that it is possible that the only university that you get in, could be your top choice university, which could be most fit to you.

Like in Sharon's case, she applied for 6 universities, and she got 1, and it is Harvard, and after this, she will be a Harvard student and Harvard alum. Rest assured that she is definitely a very deserved student. She worked hard for it too! :)

So, to all, do give it a try. You never know. A lot of these are unpredictable.

Hopefully, my blog could serve as motivation for those who are going to apply in future years. Have received a few emails from those who told me that they have seen the list last year, and strive to have their names there this year, and it is there. So, yours could be next year!

Today, some of the people have their dreams realized. Some have their dreams shattered. But what I think is important is that we learn through the process, and irrespective of which path you are taking from now onwards, optimize the opportunities there! And definitely hope that you would share your experience with others too! :)

Good Luck! Thanks for the support of my blog. Yesterday, 1st April 2009, was a memorable day for my blog. 3,392 page views were recorded on a day. Last year's april, for entire month of April, my total page views were 8,182 only.

-----
Chen Chow's Other Posts
Subscribe to Chen Chow's blog

Encourage any of my blog readers to share with me any event that you come across. As long as the event/activity/initiative is education/charity/youth oriented and is not-for-profit, I will be more than happy to post it to share

Feel free to quote any post within my blog, as long as you link it back here. Sharing is always a good virtue. :)

No comments: